View Photo

Photo Albums > Around the Village > Remains of Marford Mill at BASC First photo Previous Photo Next Photo Last photo
Remains of Marford Mill at BASC
The mill is recorded in the Domesday Book, was the original mill in Rossett known as "Lower Merford Mill" and must have existed before 1066. The old mill was destroyed by fire in 1791 and was replaced by the present building. It is not known when this water mill stopped grinding corn, but in 1972-73 was saved from dereliction and converted into offices. It is currently the headquarters of the British Association for Shooting and Conservation (BASC).

Date: 13/03/2005 17:16
Added by: steveA
Dimensions: 400 x 361 pixels
Filesize: 23.55kB
Comments: 0
Number of views: 2005

Comments

No Comments have been Posted.

Post Comment

Please Login to Post a Comment.